Protect Your New Jersey Irrigation System With Expert Winterization
Lawn sprinklers must be winterized or blown out each fall to remove all the water from the pipes, sprinkler heads, sprinkler valves and the backflow device. If your irrigation system is not shut down properly the water will freeze and damage your lawn sprinkler system. Repairs to irrigation systems that have frozen can be costly. To prevent this from happening, please call All Wet Irrigation & Lighting to have your lawn sprinkler system properly winterized.
The best time to winterize your irrigation system is from October 1st to about December 15th (but the earlier the better). The reason for this is that you want to winterize your sprinklers before experiencing several days of freezing cold temperatures, particularly temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. When temperatures fall below freezing, the water left in your sprinkler irrigation lines can freeze and cause significant damage. Even if you drain the water from your irrigation system, some water will remain and, if not professionally winterized, can freeze, expand, and crack the PVC piping.
While it is better to let a professional handle this, the first step is to cut off the irrigation system's water supply. Your irrigation system's main shut-off valve must be protected from freezing. To protect it from harsh winter temperatures and to keep it from freezing, wrap it in insulation (foam insulation tape and a plastic bag). If you do not have a main shut-off valve, you should consider installing one as a precautionary measure. Any above-ground piping must also be insulated. Self-sticking foam insulating tape or foam insulating tubes, which are widely available at home improvement stores, are suitable.
You must now remove the water from the sprinklers and pipes so that it does not freeze and burst the pipe. You can drain your pipes using a manual drain valve, an automatic drain valve, or the compressed air blow-out method. However, because there may be safety concerns, we recommend contacting your local irrigation specialist. Many companies provide sprinkler winterization services.
There's No One Better To Winterize Your Sprinklers
- All Wet Irrigation & Lighting guarantees its work.
- All Wet Irrigation & Lighting is trusted, honest, fair, affordable and has been in business for almost 40 years.
- All of our service technicians are trained, background checked and uniformed.
- Our sprinkler repair professionals wear protective shoe coverings to keep you clean.
- We use commercial grade high volume compressors that are set at 80 PSI so that we do not damage your lawn sprinkler system or home.
- Our trucks are specially outfitted for winterizations with over 250 feet of air hose so that we can winterize most systems without parking in driveways.
- We have a fully staffed office that will answer your calls (no voicemails).
- We offer 3-hour service windows starting at 7:30 am and we can most often accommodate tighter windows if your busy schedule requires.
- Our sprinkler technicians call when they are on the way if requested.
- We are licensed and fully insured to protect you.
- We can winterize any brand system including Hunter, Toro, Rainbird, Weathermatic, etc.
- We invoice our customers and also accept credit cards so that you don’t always have to be home.
- We send out email and postcard reminders and we follow up with a phone call if we have not heard from you.
- Our lawn sprinkler winterization pricing is very competitive.
Defend Your System From A Deep Freeze Today!
If you're ready to shield your sprinklers from the bitter chill of winter, you need exceptional service and reliable expertise. You need All Wet Irrigation & Lighting. Give us a call at 973.366.8754 today!