Hold The Line Against Invasive Dandelions & Crabgrass
It can be pretty frustrating to look out of your window and see another garish yellow flower or a cluster of uneven foliage has popped up in your yard. Dandelions and crabgrass are two common weeds that can be very stubborn in yards all over the Northern NJ area.
All Wet Lawn Care is here with solutions that really work. We first kill the existing dandelion and crabgrass plants, and then we provide pre-emergent, targeted weed control and other ways of discouraging weed growth. Call us and keep out those unwanted weed invaders for good.
Crabgrass is a knobbly grass relative that can be a tough opponent to your turfgrass. It is very opportunistic, growing anywhere that it can take root. If you find yourself with a particularly bad invasion, it’s usually due to one of these causes:
- Bare Spots - If your lawn wasn’t properly seeded, it will leave areas where crabgrass can grow.
- Excess Salt - A plant that likes salt? Unfortunately so. Be sure to have your lawn aerated if the road by your house gets salted.
- Mowing Too Close - Taller grass, in the range of 3.5 – 4 inches, is better at blocking crabgrass growth.
Pulling the crabgrass is fairly effective, but it will definitely need a pre-emergent treatment to save work in the future.
Dandelions are one of the most noticeable weeds on your lawn. Watching all those fluffy seeds take flight in the wind to spread all over your yard can be agonizing. There are a couple of reasons your dandelion population might be out of control:
- Infrequent Mowing - Chopping the flowers before they have time to turn into seeds is important.
- Improper Plucking - A dandelion will grow back if you don’t remove the whole root system.
Since other yards very easily spread dandelion seeds, a pre-emergent solution is important. Making your lawn more lush may stave out crabgrass, but dandelions are unfazed. Since dandelions are perhaps the most pervasive weed, keeping the population under control rather than completely killed off is the more realistic outcome.
Count On Our Green Guarantee!
When you choose All Wet Lawn Care for your dandelion and crabgrass control, you get The Green Guarantee, which states you will get a full refund if you are not 100% satisfied with our services. We have served the Northern NJ area for over 30 years with professional services from licensed, certified and qualified specialists. Call us at 973.366.8754 or message us online for a free estimate on services to control your crabgrass and/or dandelion!