Seasonal Sprinkler Service To Ensure They're Ready All Year Long
In order to make sure your sprinkler system runs smoothly year-round, seasonal sprinkler service is essential. Sprinklers are pretty complex machines that are frequently overlooked, because most of the system is buried out of sight. But careful attention will keep your system running properly no matter how the temperature may fluctuate. It will also help you preserve any warranties you may have with our company. All Wet Irrigation & Lighting offers services for every critical point in the year to suit your needs.
If you neglect to winterize your irrigation system before February in a cold climate like New Jersey, you should take immediate action to mitigate potential damage:
- Shut off the water supply to the irrigation system to prevent further water flow.
- Drain any remaining water from the system to minimize the risk of freezing and bursting pipes.
- Insulate exposed pipes or vulnerable components with foam insulation sleeves or heat tape.
- Monitor weather forecasts closely and be prepared to address any sudden drops in temperature.
- Contact a professional irrigation technician for assistance in properly winterizing the system and assessing any damage.
Taking these steps can help minimize the risk of extensive damage to your irrigation system during the late winter months.
Changing Seasons, Changing Needs
- Spring Startup – Having startup performed at the beginning of spring, before using your irrigation equipment, is the best way to detect and address any problems before going into watering season. During this service, your controller will also be programmed for automatic watering.
- Mid-Season Inspections & Adjustments – It’s good to have an inspection done sometime in the middle of summer. It basically serves as a checkup to make sure the rest of the season goes as planned.
- Winterization – Winterization is necessary in the fall to prevent significant damage to your system over winter. When water is left in the pipes during a freezing spell, it freezes and contracts. A single freeze can cause several breaks in your sprinklers, and you might not realize it for many months.
Improper execution of these services could result in damage to your irrigation system, so it’s important to have them done by a professional irrigation company.
All Wet Irrigation & Lighting Is All You Need For Seasonal Prep
The expert team at All Wet Irrigation & Lighting can guide you through spring, summer, fall and winter in order to preserve your irrigation system and save water, money and trouble. You can always expect us to be:
To ensure your sprinkler system is ready for anything Mother Nature might throw its way, call us at 973.366.8754 today!